1. All Venetian blinds have been discarded for the "naked window" look and Venetian blinds have been syphoned off for use in glue making factories (we're still not sure about the effectiveness of this process).
2. When there is a sunny day in the Puget Sound area, the 'meds & feds' take the afternoon off; everyone else has the morning off.
3. Higher education costs for middle-low class demographics are 70% paid for by millionaires who can easily foot that bill.
4. Credit cards are not sent willy-nilly to people under 40, unless they have a specific need or can demonstrate effective and positive money-managing skills.
5. For every $10 donated to an animal shelter/animal rights group, $6 of that goes to human trafficking or clean water organizations in under-developed countries.
6. Movie tickets cost $4.50 and movie theatre food is no longer highway robbery. But all you can get is popcorn and JuJuBees.
7. The Seahawks are now "America's Football Team" and most people have already forgotten about the Cowboys and the Pats. And the Steelers franchise was disbanded President Sarah's first day in office.
8. Waiting at the DMV is no longer necessary for car registration; this can now happen at your local 7-11.
9. Divorces are allowed only after a 18-month waiting period in which counseling is required and state-funded.
10. Only one commercial is allowed to be played per 20 minute increment of television.
Exceptions to this rule are the hamster/Kia commercials. Because those are hilarious.
11. For churches to keep their tax-exempt status, they have to share their resources with other churches in their denomination within a 50-mile radius.
12. You cannot change lanes in the middle of an intersection. Or on a bridge. Or in the middle of a hallway. (This last one isn't for cars; it's for people. Cause that's just annoying.)
13. Sex Ed classes are reserved for children 11+. If a child needs a sex ed class earlier for some reason, this must be a group class with parents, child & teacher.
14. A prerequisite for graduation for high school seniors is watching "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."
15. Females who dress like they cannot afford an entire outfit will be given a new wardrobe care of First Baptist Podunk Town, USA.
This is what I envision would happen if I were ever President of these-here United States.
If you were elected President, what new laws would you enforce? What would your lobby-hobby horses be? =)
This idea was done in part thanks to tylertarver.com. And also because we haven't Talk Thursday-ed in a while. (Yes, that's now a verb.) =)