If you don't watch CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" you are missing out. Not only is it a delightful batch of hi-larious fused with random and awesome, sometimes it even makes you think.
Which is what happened last night.
Last night's episode, "The Murtaugh List", was surprisingly thought-provoking. Ted, one of the main characters, has kept a list of things that he is "too old to do." The list is based on a character from the movie "Lethal Weapon", in which Danny Glovers' character (Murtaugh) says "I'm too old for that sh**." Because of Ted's list, another HIMYM character, Barney, retaliates with a list of things that you should be "too young to do."
And it made me think: what are the things that I'm too young/too old to do? Is there anything? Should there be anything? And I think it's subjective. Your list is going to be different from my list. Which is great!
So therefore I ask: What things are you too old to do? What things are you too young to do? Let's compare.
At 23, "I'm Too Old For This Stuff" (The Murtaugh List):
- Using the phrase "That is legit"
- Dating someone 21 or younger
- Failing to take responsibility for my actions
- Failing to plan for moments beyond the present
- Thinking I know it all
- Thinking other people "have it together"
At 23, "I'm Too Young For This Stuff" (The Mickey Mouse Club List):
- Being stuck in my ways
- Knowing what I want to "do" with the rest of my life
- Feeling like I "need" to be settled down
- Dating someone 31 or older
- People thinking I could have a 16-year-old kid (...Vladimir...)
- Tapered or pleated jeans
Here's to life - at any age. =)