Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscar Fever? At Least It's not Beiber Fever...

When I was a little kid (and by "little", I mean like 5 years ago), I used to think the Oscars were one of the most important nights of the week. I also thought that any celebrity who won an Oscar or was even nominated for one was the most incredible thing since sliced bread. I pretty much assumed that celebrities got that way by jumping straight into their pants with both feet, rather than one at a time, like the rest of us lowly mortals.

But then I saw tonight's Oscars. And I was reminded that all things change. Not all celebrities are as cool as sliced bread (yeah, I'm lookin' at you James Franco). And that while I love movies, I would (generally) still prefer to watch something that was filmed in the 90's. ("Wayne's World" anyone?!)

It was a nice try, 83rd Annual Academy Awards. But either let us have Hugh Jackman/Billy Crystal back or stop kidding yourselves.

At least Beiber didn't win an award.... =)

No comments: