Today, I was once again ghetto fabulous and grabbed my lawn chair from my car and kicked it in the GHC parking lot for a solid 30 minutes soaking up the rays (since it is 90 degrees here in the PNW!!!!!!!!!!).
As I was reflecting over the awesomeness that is, in fact, sunshine, it hit me that I have not always been a summer girl. Years ago, I was a mild weather person, often cold weather suited me just fine. I loved wearing scarves and hats and mittens and drinking cocoa and bundling/cuddling under layers of blankets. In the last 3 years, a shift has occurred...I am a summer gal. I want to be WARM! Possibly, this happened because warm weather is so infrequent here in the temperate climate of the Northwest. Maybe it's just because I miss Missouri and their abundance of warm. Likely, its a both/and. And granted, Washington hot is no where NEAR Missouri hot (in MO the lakes get warm enough to swim in! Shocking!!)
Whatever the reason for the switch and in the midst of the difference between WA hot and other places hot, I have compiled a list of reasons why summer is awesome. But this is Talk Thursday so add your own:
Why do you love summer too?
1) Country music can be played at much louder decibles considering the windows will be down and the wind will be whipping through the car
2) There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for why I am eating 2 popsicles for breakfast and will enjoy probably 2 or more throughout the day
3) It necessitates a reason to go to the lake or river
4) Nobody else wants to sit inside so we can all go play
5) I often NEED a reason to shave my legs...summer gives me that reason
6) Two conjunctions: Flip-flop tan-lines
7) Walking away with that "summer glow" (which is funny because it sounds like "Summer Glau"...non-nerds, you won't understand)
8) There is no reason to turn on the heat so I save on electric
9) Warm night driving
10) The smell of sunshine
Let's hear your reasons why you love summer. =)