Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"I feel the need...the need for speed!"

"Maverick, your ego's writing checks your body can't cash."



Every year, I watch Top Gun on Labor Day. In college, I think we lived for the volleyball scene. And you ALL know what scene I'm talking about. =)

This year was no different. We watched, we laughed, we even cried a little. Nothing better than a classically cheesy, dog-fight crazy, film of cinema awesome to make your day off great.

Tell me... do you have any Labor Day traditions? How did you celebrate your day off? Did you get the day off? Did you loose the "lovin' feelin'...woah..."?


5 comments:

Michael Gilley said...

I'm sorry. The best thing about that movie is the Kenny Loggins song in the beginning. I haven't seen it all the way through once I don't think.

But I'm glad you got Labor Day off. I wish I could have gotten a lot of the day off too. Oh well, such is life! I'll get a few days here in a couple weeks in-between quarters. However, now I can start to feel the fall coming on!

Cary said...

Oh man, I wish I had an awesome labor day tradition like that. Usually it's all about sleeping, maybe shopping, and eating. I should definitely add a little Tom Cruise in the mix.

Cary said...

Dude, so Mr. J did not just leave that comment. Once again, it was me, Candace, accidentally signed in as Cary because he never signs out. Ugh. So yeah, it was Candace commenting about Tom Cruise. Sheesh

Anonymous said...

i am most definatly starting this tradition!

Sarah Lewie said...

See Annie, you need to move to WA and we can enjoy said tradition together! ;)