Thursday, September 4, 2008

You Can Take the Girl Outta the Honky-Tonk...

...but you can't take the Honky-Tonk outta the Girl.

Have you ever felt like you probably would fit in better somewhere else? Not that where you are is bad, but you are mysteriously drawn to a way of life that is not where you currently are?

I think I would be totally at home in the Deep South. Maybe it's because my parents are born and raised Tennesseeans. I cut my "musical teeth" to Johnny Cash and Dolly and Tammy Wynette and George Jones and Loretta Lynn. Country music is definitely my BFF (sorry Adina).

I love the Smokies and "hollers" and BBQ's, fireflys and cicadas, deep southern drawls that make every word about 1.8 times longer, hot days and slow evenings, big hair. And good ol' country boys who are....something else altogether. ;)

Perhaps I've just been listening to too much country music or reading too many Nicholas Sparks' books, but if I had to make a change in location, I would head to the South. Maybe not forever, but just to see. And who knows? Maybe I would die.

But maybe I'd kick off my shoes and run in barefeet, where the grass and the dirt and the gravel all meet...
=)

Yee-haw!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must admit that I am missing the south a bunch.

Sarah Lewie said...

I'm sorry Christy. Me three.

Razzle Dazzle.

Emily said...

wow how many song references were there in that blog?

Sarah Lewie said...

There were several. I think 3. But sublimaly (sp?) maybe more! =)

deliveredjude said...

ok, let me say that i do not share your enthusiasm for the South...most of the time. With family it is great, but I think that's about it for me.