Tuesday, April 13, 2010

iT Is wELl

You know when you're just driving along peacefully, you've just picked up the pace to be going with the flow of traffic well; the windows are down, the country music is blarin', and there's a reason to wear your sunglasses? Everything seems peaceful and calm and set?

Then all of a sudden you're hit broadside by 16-wheeler, spinning a 180 on the interstate.

Ok ok, don't worry....I wasn't literally tanked by a 16-wheeler recently. But figuratively I absolutely feel as though I've been run over out of nowhere.

And I'm sure you've had those days too.

Our current sermon series at church is the Fruits of the Spirit. Each week, we're learning about a specific fruit. We started with love, last week was joy and now we're approaching peace. I'm not sure if it's because I'm planning the lesson plans for the kids or because God thinks its funny, but for the last 3 weeks I've been dealing with that particular fruit a week before the sermon. Let me share:

The week of 3/29-4/4: Love - my heart was moved for our community, for my family, for my friends and I prayed that I would be able to show love to them in whatever way I could. This one was easier. Then...

4/5-4/10: Joy - my plate has been full to the brim and last week I was done. Done with school, done with work, done with people, and yet I felt God calling me not to give up hope, to trust Him to come through and I could rest in His joy & that the joy of the Lord would be my strength.

4/11-?: Peace - I am in an utter state of unrest. I can't concentrate on anything, I can't get my head out of this fog and I just want to escape. At this point, I freaking hate all 16-wheelers that want to broadside me without so much as a warning.

I do not want this pattern to continue - especially when it gets to self-control!

Does anyone else feel like this? Or am I just the broke-down car with her hazards on, waiting for the tow-truck?

2 comments:

Heather said...

I think you mean 'wasn't' as in, wasn't hit by a semi. Just to "Ted" you a little.

I think I can relate to the semi-issue. Not so much the FOTS issue, but with all the changes I just went through, I feel like each new one is a new semi, leaving a dent in my side.

Love you sister.

Sarah Lewie said...

Thank you, Ted. Grammar/spelling error = adjusted.

And I like how you said that "each new one [change] is a new semi, leaving a dent in my side." I may steal that.

Man, I'm a dork...quoting you back to you. =)