2. If you're a dude and you invited, PAY.
3. Don't talk about yourself the whole time.
4. Don't recount in play-by-play format the correspondence you've had over the last 2 months, ending with "...and here we are, drinking coffee today."
5. Don't backpeddle. If your date doesn't agree with you on some like or interest, THAT'S OK.
6. Don't spend 30 minutes talking about the difference between Fords, Dodges and Toyotas.
7. Don't call a Dodge Neon a "sports car."
8. Don't tell your date that you cut your hair to look like a celebrity. It's not impressive.
9. Don't point out your receding hair line. Equally not impressive.
And the most important thing that you should NEVER, EVER do....
10. The night before the date, DON'T send a picture of yourself to your date. It's just straight up creepy.
So spill it: what kinds of terrible first dates have YOU been on before? (And if it was with your spouse, the chances are they don't read this blog, so you can share... =) )