Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This Week

I had forgotten how much I love VBS. The songs, the excitement, getting to act as silly as possible because kids LOVE that! On Sunday's we are doing "Outrigger Island" for the kids program at church. It was a blast. Now with Sports Camp well underway, I see this week shaping up for awesomeness. Which is a strange feeling indeed because I don't do well with children - they intimidate me and parents get mad because I threaten them with bodily harm as my means of obtaining obedience. But I love it all the same. 

This week at Veritas is Sports Camp. It's like VBS, only this time we're putting lacrosse sticks in the children's hands and telling them to have at it. I feel an inordinate amount of bruises to come...

So if you don't see very much of me on here this week, it's because I'm plumb exhausted from the go-go-going-ness of it all. But I promise pictures to come. =) 

3 comments:

Jamie, Celeste and Jackson Blue said...

This is AWESOME! I feel strangely very happy for you! Have fun & wear some shin guards!

Chris Ryan said...

You should never threaten bodily harm and then arm your opponents. Just saying.

Unknown said...

Darlin', you are a natural. It was awesome to see you in your silly element and see the children respond. What a great week of planting Jesus seeds in young minds and showing them that Jesus is the author of pure joy and fun.