Monday, October 5, 2009

It's Finally Here...


Ukraine.

* It is the largest country in Europe - slightly smaller than Texas
* There are 49 million + residents

* It is highly developed with 98% of Ukrainians who are literate

* The national "religion" is Eastern Orthodox Christianity


But do they know Jesus?



Less than 72 hours from right now, I will be heading off into the sunset of Brusilov, Ukraine with a team of 6 people from across the Unites States.

We don't know what we'll be doing.
We don't know each other.
We don't know what to expect.

And yet we're going.



I'll be real honest - I'm not excited yet. I'm not scared, but I'm not stoked. The prayer is that God will change my heart and attitude dramatically in the next two days.

I can't wait to share this experience with you all.

3 comments:

Timotab said...

hi Sarah,

I can't even remember how I got to your blog in the first place. But I've been following it for a while now. Having been to another continent myself on a missions trip, I know you'll have a great time and one of personal growth too. I'll be praying for you

Timothy

Chris Ryan said...

You'll have my prayers. I look forward to great stories (and pictures!).

Unknown said...

Enjoy your trip Sarah! I'll be praying for you, even though I know you'll have an amazing time. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!
-Kempey