Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday Is A Good Day for Bad Poetry//Finals Week ed!

Festive Christmas lights are a-twinkle,
Wrapping paper is about to unwrinkle.

Laughter and joy abound in the streets
And smiles and coffee are shared when people meet.

But what does this Yuletide season mean for those of us in school?
That in fact we are sinking in a finals week frenzied pool.

While papers need writing,
Its lack of motivation I'm fighting.

Greek is turning my brain to slush,
while Hebrew is furthering making it mush.

Why, God, why do I continue to invite punishment?
These classes are causing me grave astonishment.

One more week of which to push through
then I can happily skip in the morning dew
At least until after New Years
then once again I will need a few beers
to make it through another semester go-round
where you can find me banging my head on the ground.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

This REALLY makes me excited to start seminary.