Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sermonizing

Today is my day off, so I once again find myself at Cutter's Point Coffee in Covington, hoping to get a sermon on the 10 Commandments busted out here soon. I am having a hard time trying to figure out what to say and how to say it. I'm preaching this sermon at a conference next week as well at my church. So I have to think about both of my audiences. And the 10 Commandments cover a wide spectrum of things to discuss.

I know today's not a "Talk Thursday", but if you were going to hear a sermon about the 10 Commandments, what would you want to know about them?

Luckily, I have all the fixin's for a productive day...



Here's to a good day of writing. Cheers! =)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, you could talk about how they were the foundation of all Israelite law, about how they were the basis for all the prophetic writing, about how they were meant to not only affect a person externally, but also reflect the attitude of ones heart, about how they pointed forward to their ultimate fulfillment in Messiah, etc. Just a few suggestions ;)

Stephen said...

It doesn't really matter what you say as long as you pound the pulpit a whole bunch of times, pump your fist in the air, and shout phrases that prompt a response from the congregation. You might also want to point out that each of us has broken at least one of the commandments, and we all deserve to die like sweaty Philistines.

Sarah Lewie said...

BIL, you literally made me LOL in my cube. Nice job. And BTW, that whole last line will swiftly be added to my manuscript. =)

And KiKi,your points are well-taken. I'll send you a copy of my sermon if you're interested. It's actually pretty close to what you suggested. =)