That being said, we Lewis' have some Christmas traditions. Christmas itself is pretty freaking awesome, you know, the birth of Jesus and all. But these Lewis family traditions make it so much more anticipatory! (Is that even a word?!) When/if I ever get married, I'm not sure how much I'll be willing to flex on giving some of these traditions up or "renovating" them. Maybe it's good I don't want to get married - I'm far too selfish. =)
But in Hephzibah list-style of awesomeness, here's some of the Lewis' family traditions that I am looking forward to (again) this year:
* Christmas Eve light-looking
* An entire bottle of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider in my stocking
* Making & eating sausage balls
* Watching "White Christmas", "The Christmas Box" & "Little Women"
* Going to a Christmas movie
* Listening to Harry Connick Jr's "When My Heart Finds Christmas", Steven Curtis Chapman's "Music of Christmas", Avalon's "Joy" & CeCe Winans Christmas albums on repeat until I can't yuletide no mo'!
* Hopefully a potato famine story from my dad
* Getting worked up when I see the 3 Wise Men in a Nativity Scene =)
And our newest tradition that I hope only has to be intermittant:
* Skyping with the Sister & BIL, which for long periods of time is slightly awkward, but always awesome.
I love Christmas. Mostly because I love Jesus, but also because I appreciate the fact that its a time for us all to stop what we're doing and be together, even if "together" means Skype. It's a time to be with people who know you and love you and want to share in traditions together.
So, what are some of your traditions?
Merry Christmas, everyone!!